When it comes to retirement investing, one of the general rules is that investors should never touch their 401(k) plans, which often make up the bulk of their retirement nest eggs. But many workers can and do borrow from their... more
- Whether you're leaving a job or facing financial hardship, the temptation may arise to cash out your 401(k) retirement plan early. Depending on the circumstances, it might even be the best course of action. Your 401(k) is an... more
- An increasing number of employers are offering their employees the option to choose between a traditional 401k and a Roth 401k. If this option is available to you, you will need to fully understand the key differences between each type... more
- The recession and the sluggish economy that followed have been blamed for causing untold numbers of 60-somethings to postpone their retirement and continue working. Many would-be retirees blame themselves for not having enough money to... more
- Individual retirement accounts (IRAs) provide a relatively safe way to grow your money for retirement and they offer significant tax advantages. There are two types of personal retirement accounts you can open: Roth and traditional... more
- Unfortunately, there is no easy answer when it comes to choosing the right age to start collecting your Social Security benefits. There are several factors that come into play to affect each individual’s decision on the matter. In... more
All Topics in Retirement
- The 8 Best States To Retire In
- 6 Ways To Bear-Proof Your Retirement
- 5 Reasons To Rethink Your Retirement Income Strategy
- How Do 401(k) Contribution Limits Affect Me?
- Key Advantages and Disadvantages of a Traditional IRA
- Understanding the Pros and Cons of a Roth IRA
- What You Need to Know About a Traditional IRA
- Ins and Outs of a Roth IRA
- Understanding IRA Withdrawal Penalties
- Understanding IRA Withdrawal Rules
- Important Rules for Early Retirement Withdrawal
- Risks and Benefits of Early Retirement Plan Withdrawal
- 4 Useful Online Retirement Calculators
- A Simple Look at Traditional IRAs
- The Basics of a Roth IRA
- Fast Facts: What Is an IRA Rollover?
- When AARP Travel Discounts Are Worth the Membership Costs
- Important Options to Consider When Choosing a Senior Living Community
- 4 Popular Options for Financing Senior Housing
- Consider Financing Options When Choosing Independent Senior Housing
- Are AARP Senior Travel Discounts Available on All Airlines?
- Important Factors to Consider When Choosing Independent Senior Housing
- Helpful Senior Employment Programs to Know
- How to Get Involved With Your Local Food Bank
- What Is a Retirement Community and Is It Right for You?
- 5 Strategies for Finding the Best Senior Flight Fare
- Strategies to Finance Your Retirement Community Living
- Independent Senior Communities: What Are Your Options?
- 5 Low-Stress Jobs for Seniors
- Do Seniors Really Need Their Own Dental Plans?