Most people who buy homes in the United States do so by securing a home loan. Home loan agreements require the homeowner to make monthly mortgage payments on their loans for a period lasting as long as 30 years. When homeowners... more
- If you currently serve or have served in the United States military, you may be eligible to buy a house with a VA home loan. This can save you a substantial amount of money. But what is a VA home loan and why would you prefer one over a... more
- With interest rates at all-time lows, many homeowners are considering refinancing their mortgages. However, it is not necessarily always a good idea to do a mortgage refinancing. Therefore, it is important to get up to speed on the... more
- Are you thinking about refinancing your mortgage? With interest rates remaining at all-time lows, home owners are often tempted by stories of reduced interest payments, more favorable loan terms and the ability to obtain thousands of... more
- If you are in the market for your first home or you want to buy a home but have a less than stellar financial profile, you should look into getting an FHA insured mortgage loan. FHA mortgages are easier to get than traditional mortgages.... more
- If you’re in the market for a new home, odds are you’ve come across at least one property that’s been listed as a short sale. At first, many short sale homes may seem like a great deal, but it’s critical that... more
All Topics in Mortgages
- How to Qualify for a Reverse Mortgage
- How to Find the Right Reverse Mortgage Lender
- What Is a Reverse Mortgage?
- Must-Know Facts About Fixed Mortgage Rates
- 4 Great Reasons to Rent a Townhome
- Are Townhouse Rentals Your Best Option?
- Finding Housing When You're Homeless
- How to Get Foreclosure Help from Your Lender
- Check The Property Record For Any Home
- Are Rent to Own Purchases a Credit Fix?
- Can You Qualify for Rent Assistance?
- Practical Tools for Finding the Best Low Income Housing
- Local Rent Assistance Programs
- Do I Qualify for Low-Income Housing and Apartments
- Getting Help With Your Down Payment
- The FHA's Minimum Property Standards
- Understanding FHA Home Loans
- 6 Tips For Renting An Apartment
- An Alternative Route To Mortgage Approval
- How To Increase The Value Of Your Home Before Selling It
- 10 Strategies To Win A Real Estate Bidding War
- The 6 Best Places To Buy A Vacation Home
- 9 Tips On How To Negotiate The Price Of A House
- The Pros And Cons Of Jumbo Mortgage Loans
- What Happens If You Walk Away From Your Mortgage
- What You Need To Know About No-Cost Mortgages
- Paying Off Your Mortgage Early: Should You Do It?
- 8 Tips On How To Get Your Security Deposit Back
- 8 Tips On How To Save On Moving Expenses
- 15 Vs. 30 Year Mortgage Loan: The Pros And Cons Of Each